viernes, 6 de abril de 2012

PAST SIMPLE: WAS - WERE - EXERCISES

TO BE: PAST SIMPLE

GRAMMAR

The simple past tense of the verb to be:

The affirmative form:

I, he, she, itwas.
you, we, theywere.

Examples:

  • I was in Torrox in 1999.
  • James was in Torrox in 1999, too.
  • We were together.
  • She was my girlfriend.

The interrogative form:

WasI, he, she, it?
Wereyou, we, they?

Examples:

  • Were you in Madrid last year?
  • Was Sam with you?
  • Were you together?

The negative form:

I, you, he, she was not.
wasn't.
You, we, they were not.
weren't.

Examples:

  • I wasn't in Rome in 1999.
  • Annis wasn't in New York in 1999.
  • We weren't in London.

Rememeber:

1. wasn't is the short form of was not. You can say either:
  • I was not in Paris, or
  • I wasn't in Paris.
2. weren't is the short form of were not. You can say either:
  • we were not in Paris, or
  • we weren't in Paris.

EXERCISES

              WAS or WERE?

01,  0203,  04,  05,  06,  07,  08,  09,  10


11,  12,  13,  14,  15,  16,  17,  18,  19, 20

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario